Tuesday 10 June 2008

Salma Hayek Slams Paparazzi For Baby Attacks

Actress Salma Hayek has hit out at aggressive photographers - because they continue to jeopardise the health of her baby.
The 41-year-old star gave birth to daughter Valentina last year
with partner Francois-Henri Pinault - and she's shocked by the lengths snappers will go to to get photos of the star with her family to sell to the press.
She says, "I was hounded when I was pregnant. And even more since I've had the baby. They are parked outside of your house and they will not move for months. I didn't leave my house for nearly three months... I've gotten hit with a camera before."
And Hayek has grown increasingly concerned since a February clash with photographers nearly sent her daughter flying to the pavement from her caretaker's arms.
She recalls, "First I see them attacking me with the camera and the flashes. Now she starts screaming, the baby. Then they push the nanny, she was going to the floor.
"It was so disturbing. I didn't know if they wanted to get the picture or they wanted to push the baby and get me crazy. I'm not sure because it was almost - it was really deliberate. It's a baby."